Hey hey! My name is Ali; I'm the owner and maker behind Wild Clementine Co. Some of y'all might remember my my shop from the old days as a pet supplies shop. I actually started my business by total accident, listing a dog bed on Etsy to offset the cost of my my dog her own beds. Not sure what the heck happened but things got a bit out of hand and now I'm the owner of a legit business. Say what??? Yeah, I'm still kinda confused how that happened. So glad you're here!
I added home goods to the shop a handful of years back and have somewhat scaled back the pet side but given my love of shiny-object syndrome, who knows what the shop will be like next year ;-)
Ok but who the heck am I? Fair question....
Photo: by Camille Docena
Here's some fun facts about me...
- Wild Clementine Co. isn't my full time job...actually I'm a fish biologist! I have a BS from Virginia Tech and a MS from Louisiana State University. 🐟
- I'm a dog + cat mom, which is why I was first inspired to create pet goods! No kiddos for us but I don't think the cats mind too much. (Chessa often makes an appearance on my Insta so keep an eye out)
- Speaking of cats....My astrological sign is Leo ♌️ but contrary to stereotypes... I'm actually a MASSIVE introvert! And if you prefer the Enneagram, I'm a very strong 6 (yes, I have back up plans for literally everything. Do I overanalyze? Always. x2. Can't help it.)
- You've probably already figured out I love making bread. Hence all the reusable dish covers! I've been really into sourdough bakes right now 🥖
- Based in eastern Washington, we have a pretty big garden and some chickens. I might not be the best at growing food but it tastes so much better than store bought, I keep on trying!
- Fave food: Peaches!
- Fave color: PURPLE (all y'all purple haters, stand down ;-)
- My coffee of choice is a cappuccino ☕️
- Guess my favorite book series...here's a hint: 👓⚡️🧹
If you'd like to know more, you can find me on the 'gram at @WildClementineCo, where you'll see some behind-the-scenes as well as my products in use, both by me and by customers sharing their own bakes! I throw in a few recipes for good measure as well as run the occasional bake along. Got questions or just want to say hey? Shoot me a dm there or use the contact form on the website. I'd be happy to chat!